Maritime and technical damage surveys
In the case of damage, we are commissioned by underwriters, via assurance brokers, Lloyd’s agents or directly by shipowners or managers.
Our services include:
- To assess the damage
- Incident investigation
- Establish and deal with environmental hazards (IMDG cargo)
- Assess effects on seaworthiness of the vessel
- Set up and/or monitor salvage operations
- Limit operation interruptions, demurrage
- Set up and/or monitor provisional / definite repairs
- Deliberate with class surveyors, port authorities and other parties involved
- Judge and advise on claims for repair cost
- Establish the cause of damage
- Advise in liability matters
- Formulate preliminary and final reports
- In deepsea cases, we are also often asked to deal with loss of hire claims.
We have many good contacts with local (ship) repair companies, environmental salvage companies and other companies involved in the marine business. Our contacts and knowledge enable us to resolve all technical and hull damages which occur to the following objects.
- Hull and machinery of coastal and deepsea vessels, inland shipping, yachts, dredging material, on-shore and contracting materials, technical installations, machinery and cranes.
- Water-related equipment and fixtures such as harbour quays, locks and bridges.